Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Sunday 5 March 2017

New Card Challenge at the Ribbon Girl - Summer Wedding Tilda

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a good week, I am super excited as we are going to visit our eldest son today. Unfortunately we don't get to see him very often and he doesn't live near us.

Anyway on with todays card, which is for the new card challenge at the Ribbon Girl. The challenge is 'Anything Goes', it can be any image, any shape as long as it is a card.

When I made this card, it was a lovely warm day which inspired me to make a card using  spring colours, I am not usually a fan of yellow, but I am quite pleased with how it has turned out.

The image is a Magnolia stamp called Summer Wedding Tilda, but in my opinion she can be used for any occasion. I have coloured her with DI reinkers and used a small amount of Inktense pencils.

The papers are from from a Galeria Paper pad called 'As if in a Dream', they are a lovely pale yellow and I've added some grey paper from my stash.

The pearls in the centre of the flowers, were cut from some 6mm white pearl trim. 

I love the white Ballerina Blossoms, they are so soft and delicate. The roses are large rose buds.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't show it up very well, but on the base of the card is a pretty double lace bow with a pearl gem in the centre.

To finish the card off I've placed a pretty diamante silver butterfly charm on the top right of the card.

DI list:
Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Walnut Stain, Antique Linen and Gathered twigs
Dress: Mustard Seed
Flowers: Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage

Inktense pencils: Cadium Yellow 0210 and Fuchsia 0700

We have THREE sponsors for this challenge:

First prize:
Papers from Maja Design, Sweden - the prize will be sent directly to the winner

Second Prize:
£10 voucher towards a shopping spree at The Ribbon Girl
Third Prize:
A stamp of the winner's choice from LOTV



I will be back this afternoon.


Thank you for popping in.


Hugs

Gina xx

7 comments:

  1. fabulous card Gina! love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gina!! Stunning card once again :) I am also a non-fan of yellow, but it's true, on your creation it looks very, very pretty! Hugs dear!! R

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Gina, love the spring yellows! Not a colour I ever use but love seeing it on other peoples cards! Enjoy your trip to see your boy!
    Hugs xx cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully soft and delicate in these lovely pastel colours.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of yellow in this sweet and delicate creation Gina.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I know I should be here commenting on your card but first I have to say I hope you had a super wondefufl time with your son shug. I have to say while I was reading that bit a huge smile came on my face, it was like I could sense how excited you were & I was sooooo happy for you hun.
    Anyhoo your card now lol....what can I say that I dont normally say, beautiful....no I say that. Gorgeous....no I definitely say that. Awesome....no I say that.......I know incredibly thigh slapping lip smacking totally out of this world fantastic!!! Maybe that sums it up..... I'm also jealous as you pulled yellow off sooooo darn beautifully..

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card with beautiful layers and perfect artwork.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete